View Profile watermusic34

All 193 Audio Reviews

74 w/ Responses

Very atmospheric, but rockin! Guitar reminds me of Joe Satriani, and the other sounds remind me a bit of Ronald Jenkees. Great stuff. Only problem was that it was a little short and didn't really go anywhere. A full version would be great, but I really enjoyed this.

WM34

Great sound. This really reminds me of some of the tracks from the Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons games. Thick, ominous tones that really set the mood for this depressed/oppressive world.
Fantastic!

Calamaistr responds:

tbh wanted to make it longer but couldnt find the right inspiration so kept it compact :)
thanks!

Very fitting lyrics!

Of course, this is a wonderful classic by Koji Kondo from the Zelda series, and you covered it so wonderfully! The lyrics fit very well, I enjoyed every bit of it, especially "Waltz under moonlit trees, Sail all the wondrous seas..." and "Drift through the open sky, Wings spread and spirits high...".

Also, are you a fan of Eric Whitacre? The repetition of "sleep" at the end reminded me of his piece "Sleep", in which he does the same thing. Very cool touch, by the way.

Overall, this is just fantastic; a very quality and creative project.

VGSongbird responds:

Lol Eric Whitacre has been an inspiration of my music ever since I was 11. But even if I had never heard of him, I would've ended the piece exactly the same; its like a mother softly whispering to her daughter as she drifts off to sleep.

I'm thrilled to be mentioned in the same breath as him. Thank You :D

FANTASTIC!

I love the organ and synth instruments you used in this, great picks on those. Also, he guitar riff at the very beginning is just a little weak-sounding compared to the rest, but after listening to the whole song a few times, it has really grown on me. Plus, the build up right before 40s makes it awesome; that downbeat there rocks!
Overall, great eerie/magic/metal feeling to it. That bending synth sound is so good! Was it synth strings? And the organ REALLY completed this track, I'm telling you. The ending is a little abrubt, but I still like it.

Man, great, great job with this track. I truly enjoyed it. I must be honest, I have only heard "To the End of the World" by you before this, but I'm definitely going to be checking the rest of your music out from now on!
Downloaded, 5/5, 9/10!

your fan, Watermusic34

P.S. Feel free to check out some of my tracks too.

Very fun.

I really liked the sounds you used for this piece. It made it very interesting and unique!
The only negative I see with it is that the bass part, although a great sound, did not go with the rest of the piece. I noticed that it would continue in a certain chord even when the melody had changed to another, making it play the wrong notes for a lot of the song.
If you could fix that and re-upload it, this would be an amazing entry!
Also, the ending was sort of ridiculous, haha, although I'm sure that's what you were going for.
Overall, very fun and interesting song you've got here.

Watermusic34

Great mix!

I like the original a bit too. This is a very good remix of it. Everything is mixed very well, nothing is too harsh or loud. Great job!

UnrealReno responds:

Thanks for your comment :)

I still think it's way too repetitive.. That kinda sucks, but yeah..

Glad you liked it though! :)

GREAT!

I loved it. It was pretty different from some of your other songs, but it was definitely a great listen. It sort of reminded me of Mega Man a few times too. The synth instrument choices were really good and the whole piece was full of energy. I liked it a lot! Especially the piano part in the middle. Great, great work.

I just remade a song from Chrono Trigger if you want to check it out. Let me know what you think!
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/liste n/234381

Keep up the great work!

a.k.a. Watermusic34

This is one of the best Zelda remakes I have heard

Great job, seriously. Did you use Reason at all in this? Sounds great, especially the piano and violin sounds. I really enjoyed the improv and solo parts too. I think Koji Kondo would like this too.

BlueScreenRemix responds:

Yes, we made all with Reason, and the guitars with Guitar Pro ;)
Thank you very much !!! =D

Oh, good.

I was worried that it would just be the cliche and very simple version of this song that everyone plays but you surprised me! Good job. The only thing I have against it is that the recording is too soft, but performance-wise you did great.

Great memories.

This is by far one of the best games and soundtracks ever. Motoi Sakuraba is a genius. You did a fantastic job remaking this. Please, do more Golden Sun music when you get the chance.

Awesome work!